- A mineral supplement specifically designed to target the deficiencies of major and trace minerals found in grass or alfalfa hay.
- Omega 3 Flax Seed base with no fillers or by-products.
- Concentrated so you can feed less and save money!
- SAFE for Insulin Resistant, Cushing’s and EMS Horses- we analyze our products regularly. Sugar (ESC) tests at 3 -3.5% / Starch test in the 4-4.7% range (Contact us for the most current test)
- Two formulas: Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer for Grass Hay and Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer for Alfalfa Hay
- 4 pound bag is a to month supply- 93 cents per day!
- All of Animal Nutrition Solutions supplements are Private Labeled specifically for our clients. Ingredients are subject to change, based on consultation review of the nutritional needs of the individual horse
FLAX SEED: High in Omega 3’s, crucial to good brain & nerve function.
- Omega 3’s help with arthritis and other pain, due to reducing inflammation
- Provides a good source of fiber for intestinal health
- Can help improve hair, skin & hoof condition
- Listed as an ingredient in some grain feedstuffs. However, Omega 3′s are unstable and fragile and cannot withstand the cooking process, rendering them ineffective. Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer uses a more expensive (but worth it!) cold-pressed, stabilized version, which locks the Omega 3′s in and does not require refrigeration.
DL-METHIONINE: An essential amino acid, meaning the body does not produce it, so it must be consumed in the diet, preferably with a protein source (flax seed)
- Amino acids are important for metabolism, assuring that most of the processes in the body occur & function properly for good health
- Improves the body’s ability to synthesize muscle proteins
- Helps regulate the availability of folic acid, necessary during pregnancy
- One of the amino acids used for energy production & muscle building
- Found usually only in specific hoof supplements in low doses. Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer delivers 1000mg per serving
L-LYSINE: Another essential amino acid that due to the body’s inability to produce it, it must be consumed in the diet
- Most often deficient in a horse’s diet
- Inadequate consumption in foals and young growing horses can lead to decreased growth and development, due to L-Lysine’s role in regulating calcium absorption
- In mature horses, inadequate intake can result in poor body condition, lack of muscling, poor hair coat, and reduced hoof growth
- Responsible for healing damaged tissues from the stress of performance, training, competition and normal exercise
- Not commonly included in equine supplements due to cost, but Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer provides 750mg per serving
ZINC AMINO ACID COMPLEX: Especially important to achieve and maintain healthy skin/coat, bones and eyes
- The essential trace mineral that assists and maintains a healthy immune, reproductive & digestive systems
- Plays a critical role in many body processes & functions, such as in cell reproduction, hormonal balance, proper absorption of vitamins & protein synthesis
- Found in other supplements, usually labeled in “ppm” parts per million, which provides a negligible amount. Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer has 400mg in each one oz serving
COPPER AMINO ACID COMPLEX: Critical for nerve function and bone growth
- A powerful antioxidant
- Needed to make ATP (the energy the body runs on)
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Found in other supplements, usually labeled in “ppm” parts per million, which provides a negligible amount compared to Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer’s 150mg per 1 oz serving
PHOSPHORUS: Needed in much higher levels than most supplements provide, due to high calcium especially in alfalfa hay
- High calcium interferes with the body’s ability to absorb Phosphorus
- Many cell enzymes, cellular receptors & signaling molecules are comprised of Phosphorus
- Found in other supplements in low amounts. Daily intake is rarely met with other supplements. Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer Grass Formula has 129 mg and our Alfalfa Formula has 1029mg per serving to balance high calcium found in alfalfa hay.
BIOTIN: Part of the B-vitamin family best known for it’s ability to enhance and maintain skin, coat and hoof condition
- Plays a vital role in converting fatty acids and glucose into fuel and produce energy
- Helps the sweat glands, nerve tissues and bone marrow maintain their health and efficiency
- Can reduce lethargy, muscle fatigue
- Found usually only in specific hoof supplements, usually in 5-10mg doses. Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer delivers 15mg per serving
SODIUM: The #1 most under-supplemented mineral in a horse’s diet
- Required to activate the “thirst” signal to ensure proper hydration
- Needs to be balanced to potassium for greatest benefit
- Horses cannot get their necessary daily intake of sodium from a salt block. Salt blocks were created for cows with rough tongues
- Most supplements don’t come close to the required daily intake amounts to offset potassium. Animal Nutrition Solutions Mineral Balancer has 1080mg per serving
We encourage you to take a list of our ingredients and analysis with you to your feed or tack store and compare our ingredients to others on the market. We are sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the difference between theirs and ours